Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Who Am I?

Hi, my name is Kent and I am a senior at Clemson University majoring in Philosophy. I was born and raised in Chicago, more specifically Lincoln Park. I attended a Catholic Grade school name Sacred Heart and Hardy Prep and a private High School named the Latin School of Chicago. I came to Clemson to be an engineer and to get away from cold and snow. I love it here, and am sad that I only have one school year left before I have to head out into the real world.

So a little about me... well whenever asked to define myself, I usually have a hard time and have to resort to referencing what I've accomplished and created. For are we not what we create? So here it goes.

I am a sailor, been sailing since I was 8, and I love it more then anything. I currently am part of the Serenessima race team. A team that races a Sydney 38 sailing boat out of Chicago. We compete in all local races including the 333 mile Chicago to Mackinac Race. This year, my third time doing the race, we placed 2nd in our section out of 22 boats , and 30th overall out of 325 boats.

I am a singer, I am the current President of Tigeroar, last year I was Marketing Manager, and this will be my fourth year as a member of the group. Besides Tigeroar I have been a member of Men's Glee the oldest organization on campus, created in 1893 and have been consistently active since. Currently however I am in Clemson University Singers, a mixed audition required ensemble. Its fun and keeps me off the streets.

Among other things, I am a movie lover and a movie producer. I am a actor and produced playwright, though I haven't acted since high school, I had the chance of being in 6 different productions including one which was a compilation of plays written by the cast. 3 which where written by myself. Speaking of producing, I also am a record producer for I produced Tigeroar's last album name "The Ruckus," and will receive credit on the next two upcoming CDs. Which will be released in the near future. I know what you are saying, "he must really like this producing stuff..." well I do, there is nothing like starting with nothing and making something you can hold, see, and watch others enjoy. Anyway back to me...

I was a basketball player, I used to work pretty hard at it in high school, playing on my school team which was at two different points ranked number one among single A team in the state, and a traveling team in which we travel all over the county playing in tournaments. And though we did really well winning a lot of smaller tournaments, in the really big tournaments we were never lower then 6th but never won.

Well a little about me grew to be a lot about me, but oh well, I'm an open person and always willing to share my thoughts and experiences.

No comments: