Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Looking Foward

I've been thinking about my future a lot lately, mostly because I have very few details about it right now. The problem I'm facing is, it is easy to know what you want to do, but very hard to know how to do it. So with that preamble, let me tell you where I would be like in ten years.

In ten years I would like to be living in down town Chicago in a nice condo. I would like to be starting my 3rd career. My first career would have started the first year out of college, hopefully starting my own company selling high end electronics in the audio visual market. My second career would hopefully kick in when I'm around 26, when I would like to start my own high end restraunt and bar. A small very trendy one with a large wine list and small stage for jazz preformers. Hopefully in ten years I will have both these running smoothly, with people I can trust to turn over the day to day operations too. I don't really have an idea of what my third career would be, but if I could pick something now, I would like to start my own production company that would work with either movies or tv, or music.

Personally I would like to be married, and thinking about having kids. Hopefully my family will stay in and around Chicago and I'll be involved in my extended family. I would like to be involved with non-for-profits bettering certian causes in Chicago and the US. I'd also like to be a regular at the big theatres, and big cultural events in the city. Basically I would like to be entering the Chicago elite. Though I'm not looking for fame, I'm only looking for influence.

My other personal goal is to own my own boat, and run my own semi-pro sailing team. I want to own a boat in the most prestigous class. If I were to have my team today I would own a Great Lakes 70, however I know over time the classes and boats will change, so I want to be in the equvilant of that class ten years from now.

So to summerize, when I'm 31 I want to be sucessful, well connected, wealty, and well respected. Now I only need to figure out how to get that...

No comments: