Sunday, October 7, 2007

Free Write!!!

So I've had a few random events happen in my personal life recently and collectivly they have made me think about networking. Networking in the job market is essicental because lets face it, people only trust people that they know, so applying for a job in which you know the guy interviewing, or you know the guy that knows the guy. Well it helps.
Specifically it interesting to look at people out in the job market now as opposed to those still in college. Recently I had some college friends blow me off, which happens I know, however my friends are people who I could see networking with in the future, and though I try to reach out to them, they do not see the need to reach back. On the other hand I had a friend, who is out in the job market email me out of the blue to see how I was doing, and what plans I had made for the future.
I personally know that it is important to create and keep up contacts, because it is through contacts that I'm hoping to find employment. I wish my college friends would wake up and realize that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so right on this one! Knowing someone within an organization is probably one of the best ways to land a job.